Jan 15, 2009

Yes, I'm Still Here! :)

I just haven't had many interesting things to blog about since Christmas and New Years. So...on inspiration of the first sentence, I will tell you some of the things that will be happening in the near and late future. Would you like them chronological order? :)

Our friends from Flordia who recently moved up here, opened a lovely little quilt shop in Hot Springs. Mrs. Powers is so much fun and she will be giving free sewing lessons to the girls of our homeschool group and my sisters and I can't wait to start! As strange as we may be out here in the boonies, it's even stranger that I haven't learned how to use the sewing machine. !?! Heavens! :)

Then last month in December a lady came to the homeschool to introduce to us something called Young Chautauqua. This is basically what it is: You pick a historical character who somehow helped change the world, be it in great ways or small ways, and research that person over and over and over again until you know practically everything about them. And then comes the fun part, you get to dress as that character and preform in front of crowd like you were that person. Tell a bit about your life and answer questions and everything! I am really excited about that. I've chosen Laura Ingalls Wilder for my character. I have loved her since I was a little girl and I can't wait to be her! We will be taking workshops to help us and then we'll preform in May. You're all invited to come join! :)

In February, William, Hannah and I will be going to our state capitol for classes on leadership skills. It's called TeenPact and it disciples young teenagers for political leaders for our country. Tim Echols has wisely seen in the young people of this nation the future of our country and began this program. Granted not all young people who go there will find their destiny there, but we can still make a difference. I believe, and we all should believe, that we can. :)

And also in May I will be graduating from Highschool and discovering all the new and wonderful things the Lord will provide for me on the Road of Life. I plan to write, but whatever the Lord has in mind for me, that is what I want and pray for everyday.

Have a lovely evening everyone! And thank you for stopping by today. :)

God Bless!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Love you, dearest... I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I know what I'm supposed to be doing right now... but beyond that?? SO many options and possible choices. May God lead us both with unmistakable guidance.

Alyosha said...

Wow, lots going on. Exciting. :D Young Chautauqua sounds like SO much fun; I'd love to do something like that.

I guarantee that I am worse with sewing machines than you are. LOL.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blog, Kayla! You are so creative! Could you come live with us someday and teach my children all that you know? Praying for you - miss you very much! :)