I'm in the process of sorting pictures of my trip, waiting on some more, and etc. so this will just have to hold you over until I get some order! School starts next week! Yay! I love the scheduled atmosphere it brings, plus the quiet! :D I'm with you Kelsey!
1. Favourite childhood book?
2. What are you reading right now?
Pride and Prejudice, Number the Stars, etc. The Heart Mender, and various Battle of the Bulge books.
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
As shocking as this may sound: None.
4. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
The Heart Mender, Number the Stars and the various Battle of the Bulge books.
5. Do you have an e-reader?
Nope. Reading the computer screen does not compare!
6. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
I prefer one at a time, but it rarely ever happens that way!
7. Can you read on the bus?
Hm, never tried.
8. Favourite place to read?In bed, but that rarely ever happens either, because I either fall asleep or make myself sit up in my chair. The books are usually quite interesting, I just fall asleep is all.
9. Do you ever dog-ear books?*screamsinterror*
10. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
Dear me, no! Written-in books never look as nice as before!
11. What makes you love a book?
The kind that have meaning, which is the kind I fail to find a lot, and which also is the kind I cannot ever seem to get out on paper.
13. Favourite genre?
YA and classics and historical fiction.
14. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I revel in the glory!
16. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
Alas, only about six!
17. How often have you returned a book to the library unread?Often enough!
18. Favourite fictional character?*sigh* Must you always ask these sorts of questions? Now if you would ask me who my favorite non-fictional characters are, that would nice!
Gen, Jacob, Liesel, Ratty and Mole, Jess, Dickon, Jane Eyre, Kit, the list is almost endless!
19. Favourite fictional villain?Now, seriously, should we really be discussing favorite villains here? I mean . . .You can only take things so far! :)
20. What books are you most likely to bring on vacation?
Most likely the book I am reading at the time.
21. What's the longest you’ve gone without reading?
Tis a sad thing, but I really did not start to read until I was about eight or nine.
22. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
Cornelia Funke, Lauraine Snelling, Kirsten Heitzmen.
23. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
Little brothers knocking at my door thus: "Kayla?" "What?" "Can I come in?" "If you must." "Oh. Hi." "Hi." "Whatcha doin'?" "Readin'." "Oh." After which the door closes very slowly.
24. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
Bridge to Terabithia
25. Most disappointing film adaptation?Eragon.
26. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
Terrible prose, which should not be enough. I should be used to it.
27. Do you like to keep your books organized?
Just on the shelf.
28. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?If they are good and I liked them, YES! I'll keep them!
Aug 25, 2010
Which I stole from Kelsey, which she stole from Krys . . .
K.M. Updike writes young adult and historical fiction and has a frustrating fascination with fantasies that gets in the way a lot. She is the author of the young adult historical fiction novelette, The Life and Death of Terry Dodd. A lover of books and prairies, she lives with her five siblings and inspiring parents in the wilds of the Great Plains. Besides reading books and writing stories, she loves watching old movies and drinking tea in her basement room dubbed "Mole End."