May 23, 2011

Something to Sing About . . . .

What a lovely Resurrection morning we had. The day was sparkling and beautiful and everyone was excited, anticipating the gathering of our church family at our house that evening! We decided it would be best if we had a "sunset" service instead of a "sunrise" one.



The handsome gentlemen in our family.


And this is the lovely skirt Emmy Anne made for me!

I was so tickled about the package I got in the mail on my birthday!

I put the skirt on and wouldn't take it off!

It made the perfect Resurrection Day outfit!


Well . . . it was a little rainy that day, so the clouds were MAGNIFICENT!


And Dawna's glorious Resurrection cake! Lemon! Scrumptious!

It was lovely to see her making and decorating cakes again!

I kind of missed it!

Dawna . . .

she inspires me!

Isn't that the most gorgeous cake you've ever seen?!



Oh, and here's a picture of the new floor all complete!!


Everyone began gathering about six o'clock that evening

and the most popular distractions/energy boosters were

the tramp and the zip line.

All the pictures of the zip line were pretty blurry, which is sad :( because

even a few of the moms and dads went down it!



Dinner is served! Everyone brought food!

At dinner get together's, you know how all the food just looks so good

you can't possibly leave anything out on the first helping for fear it might be gone next time around? Yup. :)

The thing I like most about people coming to our house

is that I get to watch them, listen to them, take pictures of them,

smile at them.

Smiles are tiny evidences that show how much you love life,

without having to use words.

I sat at the back of the living room

with my camera handy and a plate of food, and just watched.

Oh, you should have heard those men and boys taunt each other

about the basketball game they were planning!




And so directly after dinner, duly challenged by the "old guys",

the "young men" head out to the shed and accept with spirit and fervor.

The "old guys" won. :)

No school like the "old" school.

After the game, it was quite past sunset, but we gathered in the living room

around the piano for a "singspiration" as Pastor calls it.

Taylor and Laureli snuggle up together on the couch as the chill of evening sets in.

It was a wonderful night!

Full of laughter and love and music!

After one song ended someone else would call out a number and we would sing away.


Laureli brought HUGE marshmallows and the boys roared up the bonfire outside!

And then followed more singing, even a little bit of fire pit dancing, moving your chairs close to the fire because you were cold, then moving them back again because you were hot, chasing sparks and drinking Dr. Pepper, 23 of course.


The joke most laughed at was,

I'm sure you guessed,

the Superman and Chuck Norris joke.

After which we kids picked on the adults and played

"Around the World" and "Let's Go Camping".

It took me forever to figure out those games, but

Mrs. Tracey figured them out in a few rounds

and she didn't even have to write anything down!


Friends are remarkable human beings.

And some of the most remarkable human beings are friends.


Take care all!


"Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,

for in You do I trust;

Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,

for I lift up my soul to You.

Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God;

Your Spirit is good.

Lead me in the land of uprightness."

Psalm 143:8, 10


1 comment:

Laura said...

How wonderful.. looks like an amazing time. And Dawna's cake!!! My stars, it was lovely.