Feb 4, 2016

February Survival List


I'm so sad.
I'm so sad because lots of you don't like winter and I'm feeling a little guilty, tucked away in my lovely warm house, reveling in the joys of getting a whole sky full of snow dumped on me and my prairie.

So here are the results of guilt, I hope they help to make February just a little bit more doable and lovable.

Hot Chocolate Recipe

So when I'm caught in the middle of a wintery day and all the hot chocolate is gone, there's a little something I like to do that makes it all better. I cheat.

Hershey's Cocoa
Milk
Vanilla Extract
Sugar

Pick out your favorite mug, fill it with milk.
Pour the milk into a pan on the stove and heat until vapors begin to rise. 
Note: it would be a bad idea to leave the heating milk at ANY time.
Dump in two heaping tablespoons of cocoa
A teaspoon Vanilla Extract 
And as much sugar as you want.
If you have marshmallows, that's even better! Voila. Homemade hot chocolate in a mug!


Valentine's Day Goodies
Just chocolate, please-thank-you. It may come in any and all forms, flavors, shapes and sizes. But we like the dark chocolate with mint the best.

Comforting Books

  • The Silver Chair, C.S. Lewis
  • I Heard the Owl Call My Name, Margaret Craven
  • Little Women, Louisa May Alcott
  • The Little White Horse, Elizabeth Goudge
  • Love That Dog, Sharon Creech
  • The Borrower's, Mary Norton
Or Some Comforting Movies
  • My Neighbor Totoro
  • Mary Poppins
  • Inside Out
  • The New World
  • Peter Pan (2003)
  • Alice in Wonderland (1951)
  • Sarah, Plain and Tall
  • Skylark
  • Winter's End

Writerly Things

If you're a writer winter is a good time to brush up on your skills. Below is a list of some writing posts. Check them out. Buy their books, snuggle on the couch and do some larnin'.


Much love and happy surviving(but don't forget to live),
Kayla

No comments: