I'm so sad.
I'm so sad because lots of you don't like winter and I'm feeling a little guilty, tucked away in my lovely warm house, reveling in the joys of getting a whole sky full of snow dumped on me and my prairie.
So here are the results of guilt, I hope they help to make February just a little bit more doable and lovable.
Hot Chocolate Recipe
So when I'm caught in the middle of a wintery day and all the hot chocolate is gone, there's a little something I like to do that makes it all better. I cheat.
Pick out your favorite mug, fill it with milk.
Pour the milk into a pan on the stove and heat until vapors begin to rise.
Note: it would be a bad idea to leave the heating milk at ANY time.
Dump in two heaping tablespoons of cocoa
A teaspoon Vanilla Extract
And as much sugar as you want.
If you have marshmallows, that's even better! Voila. Homemade hot chocolate in a mug!
Valentine's Day Goodies
Just chocolate, please-thank-you. It may come in any and all forms, flavors, shapes and sizes. But we like the dark chocolate with mint the best.
- The Silver Chair, C.S. Lewis
- I Heard the Owl Call My Name, Margaret Craven
- Little Women, Louisa May Alcott
- The Little White Horse, Elizabeth Goudge
- Love That Dog, Sharon Creech
- The Borrower's, Mary Norton
Or Some Comforting Movies
- My Neighbor Totoro
- Mary Poppins
- Inside Out
- The New World
- Peter Pan (2003)
- Alice in Wonderland (1951)
- Sarah, Plain and Tall
- Winter's End
If you're a writer winter is a good time to brush up on your skills. Below is a list of some writing posts. Check them out. Buy their books, snuggle on the couch and do some larnin'.
- Foreshadowing - Helping Writer's Become Authors
- How to Write in Deep Point of View - She's Novel
- Fall in Love With Your Writing Life - Lucy Flint
- Five Ways to Increase Your Story's Tension - Ink and Quills
- Five Steps to Silencing Writer's Block - Your's Truly
Much love and happy surviving(but don't forget to live),