Mar 10, 2016

5 Things I'm Inspired by This Week


It's March! In our house, that means birthday month! So far it's been a very mild, very warm March. I won't lie and say I've been loving the sun. I feel like it's making me grow every time I'm outside. But in our neck of the woods(or prairie) a nice March usually means it will "go out like a lion" and we end up having a snow storm on Mother's Day. I would be happy with just rain.

But on to some happy things . . .

Illusions - Thomas Bergersen

So . . . this history geek is writing a futuristic sci-fi. But don't laugh, I'm really not sure if I like jumping on the band wagon or not. It came upon me quite suddenly and threatened to wring me by the neck if I did not write it. It's the easiest story I've ever written. So far. The title came, the plot came, the characters came, even the soundtrack came. Illusions by Two Steps From Hell is a beautiful album, the track Illusions is a personal favorite for the story at the moment.

McFarland, USA
My family and I have a new favorite sports movie. This story hit so close to home for us. This movie isn't full of excitement or edge-of-seat conflict, but it's a lovely, emotionally connecting story. It's a joy to watch, and I might be a little prejudiced since I grew up watching Friendship's Field and my favorite uncle is Hispanic. It's also based on a true story. Which I love. We want to keep for it always.


New Cover for My Story

This week has been tremendous for my book! I've been so happy with the results of the new cover for TD so far. But more on that later.

Ello 20 oz. Glass Water Bottle

Plastic and metal water bottles always seem to acquire a taste after so many uses, and for me the took the freshness out of the water. This glass bottle on the other hand, I've been using for a long time and the water still tastes delicious after a few hours. 20 oz is perfect because I can finish it off and it gives me a reason to get up, take a break, and refill it. Yes, this one really does belong to Mama, but thank you for the use of it!

Quote

Leadership has never been a strong suit of mine. But this quote helped me see leadership in a different light. Caring is the best kind of leadership.

Let's chat! What is one of your favorite quotes? Post it below!

1 comment:

Katie said...

The true way to live is to enjoy every moment as it passes, and surely it is in the everyday things around us that the beauty of life lies.”

Laura Ingalls Wilder

One of my favorite quotes...

Love you,
Mama