Nov 10, 2010

Scripture on My Mind:

Proverbs 8:13
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil;
Pride and arrogance and the evil way
And the perverse mouth I hate.


I do not hate evil enough.

Hating evil means not desiring what is not my own,

hating evil means fearing the LORD.

Hating evil means hating talking back to my parents,

speaking badly of others, and laughing at things meant to be scared and holy.

Proverbs 10:8
The wise in heart will receive commands,
But a prating fool will fall.




The wise in heart will take their commands and do them without complaining, or asking why. And every time I do the opposite of what I want to do, I fall. Every.single.time.

Proverbs 10:12
Hatred stirs up strife,
But love covers all sins.


Hating another never solves the problem. God didn't hate Satan for trying to overrule Him, instead He sent His Son to cover up the sin with love.


Proverbs 31:27
She watches over the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.


The responsibility of home and those of the household are one of the greatest, most wonderful responsibilities God gave to the wife and mother. I cannot tell how many times "and does not eat the bread of idleness" has pried at my mind when I am sitting doing listless things wherever I happen to be. To be a better mother and wife and keeper of the home someday, I must not be idle.

Proverbs 30:7-9
Two things I request of You
(Deprive me not before I die):
8 Remove falsehood and lies far from me;
Give me neither poverty nor riches—
Feed me with the food allotted to me;
9 Lest I be full and deny You,
And say, “Who is the LORD?”
Or lest I be poor and steal,
And profane the name of my God.


The other day I wondered, I am not sure why, but suddenly I wondered what life would have been like if we had been a rich family. I don't know what image it would have brought up to you if you thought it, but it brought up for me a selfish, malcontent, clothes horse, expensive-booted, cell-phoned, i-podded, Kayla who ran away to Hollywood to "find herself". A spoiled brat who got anything she wanted, who took the easy way out, and never aspired for something more than boys, being beautiful, and getting the things on her wish list. Full of everything, content with my own way of life, and therefore had no need for God! I already had everything! I never would have thought there was joy in working with your own hands! Thank You, Lord Jesus, for giving me life, but thank You for giving me neither poverty nor riches!


Psalm 119:24
Your testimonies also are my delight
And my counselors.


If ever I am confused, all I need do is open the testimonies of the Lord and things will be shed in a different light.

Psalm 119:35
Make me walk in the path of Your commandments,
For I delight in it.

Oh, let me never be full and satisfied with Your commandments! Let me always be delighting in them, time and time again, searching for new depths and desiring them more and more!



Psalm 4:4b
. . . Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah

Has your bed ever given you a secure feeling? The feeling of stillness, knowing you are safe? "Meditate on the Lord within your heart on your bed, and be still."



Psalm 63:6-7
6 When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches.
7 Because You have been my help,
Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.

In the night, when you cannot sleep, remember the Lord and He will help you and you will rejoice.



Psalm 27:4
One thing I have desired of the LORD,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD,
And to inquire in His temple.


What does it mean to dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of your life? I often wonder this. To behold the beauty of the Lord always reminded me of a small crippled boy throwing away his crutches and running into his family's arms, well at last. Or of a life being born again, or a new life being brought into the world. But to inquire in His temple? I am not yet sure what that means.

Ephesians 4:13
13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

Someday, we shall be perfect! We shall know the Son of God to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ!

No comments: