Feb 9, 2011

Olive Oil and Homemade Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup

Hey, girls! Have you tried face moisturizer for oily skin, but it always made you break out anyway when it wasn't supposed to? I did. I never used moisturizer. Ever.
My sisters know so much more about natural things than I do!
I knew they were right, I believe in natural health care!
But finally I listened to them and actually used what they suggested!
"Kayla! Use olive oil!"

BINGO!
I used it once! Just once!
And within two days my face was clear
and looking bright and healthy!
With natural rosiness.
Girls, I DO NOT have natural pink cheeks!
This stuff cleared up my face and both of my sisters'!

All you do is flatten out a large cotton ball,
put it to the top of the bottle and quickly dump it upside down.
All you need is a little round dot.
A lot of excess oil will probably annoy you if you rub your face a lot like I do!
Pull your hair back away from your face
and rub the cotton ball over your face
and forehead in upward, outward strokes.

I'm not guaranteeing it for simply everyone! I know sometimes natural things just do not work for some! :) But I do believe that the natural things are much better for you!


Now, onward to homemade soup! Most delicious stuff in the world!

First, it is best to thaw your chicken out the night before and cook it for at least two hours.
But if you're getting it out frozen, it should cook until thoroughly well done for at least three hours.

So, when it's cooked and is that beautiful creamy brown color all over.
Take it from the pan and put it in a bowl of cold water to cool off.
When it's cool strip it down and cut the meat up in medium sized pieces in an extra bowl.

Take a cheese cloth and strain the chicken broth in the pan to make a smooth, oily broth.
Then add the chicken.

Cut up as much celery as desired.

If your carrots are small, peel about three and grade or cut them as desired. I used a salad master shredder in the side below.

Dice whole onion and cut four cloves of garlic into small pieces.

Add the chicken pieces and the vegetables back into the broth and simmer.


Spices! I LOVE spices!
One tablespoon of parsley
One teaspoon tarragon
1/8 of a teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper.
Be very careful with the Cayenne.
It is VERY hot!
When I say 1/8 teaspoon, believe me that will be enough!
And add One Bay Leaf.
But make sure no one eats the Bay Leaf. Twouldn't be good!
Add salt and pepper.
When all the vegetables have cooked a little while,
add Thai Kitchen Stir-Fry Rice Noodles,
they should say GLUTEN-FREE on the front like the one above.
It's best if you break these in half before adding them to the soup.
They are quite slippery when cooked.
Take a handful out and grab both ends, pointing the center into the pot.
They're hard to break so watch out!
They'll go all over in little pieces!
When you have enough, stir it around all together
and let it cook for five to ten minutes.
Serve hot and fresh from the pot!
There you have it! I just finished a delicious bowl full! Happy cooking!


Psalm 40:16 "Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee:

let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified."

No comments: