Mar 26, 2011

Audrey Hepburn in Tuscany

. . . with a Chinese umbrella. And an orange one to boot! And so shall follow the event that was a most elegant affair to begin with and very lovely one to end with. Fond memories were made at Dawna's birthday this year. Very fond.

To start off, Dawna agreed to let me photograph her in a most adorable,
Audrey Hepburn style outfit.
The umbrella matched and it made a lovely picture!

The banquet table in all of its finery!

What would Tuscany be without its grapes!

Or lovely crystal?

Audrey Hepburn l.o.v.e.d p.a.s.t.a!
So do I!

The birthday girl!
Can you believe we had Gluten Free chocolate cake??
And that is was D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S??
If you had told me a couple of years ago you could make
a cake without wheat flour, I'd have laughed aloud!
I'm not laughing, but I'm savoring every bit of the goodness of it all!
There's something magical about birthday cake candle light!

Even though Daddy sings out of key on purpose,
the boys are so low they cannot be heard except for a mild rumble, and the girls
wander up and down the octaves trying to find a happy medium,
birthdays MOST definitely have to be my favorite holiday!
They're always special no matter what!
This one was quite special!
I love surprises!

Birthday money is just so much prettier than normal money! :D

Hello, "Funny Face"! She's ours, Dawna! For real! Forever!
Er, yes of course! I meant yours! ;)
I love catching pictures of Dawna when she's at her natural!
Natural is just so much prettier than pose! ;)

See what I mean? :)
So pretty!
The drawers have pearls on them!
The new jewelry box looks very elegant and Audrey Hepburn-ish in her room!

Did I mention I love surprises?
I love them so much!
She and I both really like the new Josh Groban CD. :)
We lazed about in her room after watching "Funny Face"
and listened to every single song clear through!
Dawna is quite entranced with "Galileo".
And I'm so bewitched with "The Bells of New York City"!
"Sing aloud to God our strength;
Make a joyful shout to the God of Jacob.
Raise a song and strike the timbrel,
The pleasant harp with the lute . . .
For the Lord is a sun and shield;
The Lord will give grace and glory;
No good thing will He withhold
From those who walk uprightly."
Psalm 81:1-2, 84:11

4 comments:

Laura said...

What splendour!! :) SOOO fun. Can you believe I've never watched "Funny Face" before??

Dawna's lovely as ever and I like your dad with a beard! :)

YAY for the new JG CD!!!! I'snt it entrancing? I love every song but my favorite is "Straight to You". Bliss...

Emily said...

Hello Kay-dear!

What gorgeous, fun, lovely pictures! Tell Dawna that she looks smashing in orange. :)

Liz Brown said...

Aww I miss my South Dakota girls.

:(

I like the Portuguese song on Grobans new album. It's exciting.

9Browns said...

What fun pix! Happy Birthday to Dawna and YOU. Where is your birthday post?

Miss you all,
Mrs B