May 29, 2013

Glory anyway.



And this time last year I felt like crying because the earth lay so dry and barren.
Not now.
Rain. Just rain. Weeks of rain. And everything's green. So beautiful.
I read all my list of gifts from God last year, and I stared surprised, because there were so many during the summer of brown and dry.
But I guess it's like why it says in Psalms:
"The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars . . .
He makes Lebanon to skip like a calf, and Sirion like a young wild ox.
The voice of the Lord flashes forth flames of fire,
The voice of the Lord shakes the wilderness . . .
The voice of the Lord makes the deer give birth,
and strips the forests bare,
and in His temple all cry, "Glory!"
The voice of the Lord does all this, yet His temple all cry, "Glory!" anyway.


No comments: