Dec 30, 2013

Twenty-Thirteen

I've never done a year in pictures before. But just thought I might and see where it gets me. What it makes me remember, what hidden mysteries it might reveal, what things I missed and should have seen.
January: sending scarves to Knit Together in Love was a blast. I'm doing it again this year. Which reminds me, I have get my box sent in!

I really loved the night God painted this sky sunset. I was sitting on the love seat rocker looking out the window, and there He did it, just for me.

 February: the highlight of this month was definitely watching our boys play basketball. They were a pure delight and went on to win the District Championship for the first time in the history of the school. I think. At least the first time in a long while, if I'm not correct.

March: I really loved my birthday this year. It was the most special one I've ever had. It was such a perfect day. Everything was so perfect.

 April: if the year was characterized by one thing, it was Miss Brylee Mae. We started babysitting her this year and we sort of adopted her, my whole family and I.

 May: Oh, I love May. I dread it and I love it. It's the busiest month of the year. Graduation and Young Chautauqua. But I loved them both this year!

 And Laura came to visit. That's pretty much the best part. Laura and our Peter Rabbit Party.

 June: the day our electricity when out for an entire afternoon for some random reason and computers and rooms darkened and there wasn't much else to do but gather in the living room with all the light coming in the windows. All of us happened to be home that day. Those days are becoming so much more rare, it was a wonderful day. We gathered and talked and laughed, played telephone, and Mad Libs. It was good day.

 July: William and Dad were off on bus trip to San Antonio, but we had such a wonderful Fourth of July. It was so beautiful and happy. And Joseph and his picture ideas are simply epic.

 August: Oh! Our camping trip to Jackson Hole with a van load of college age kids! There are so many things that happened and so many beautiful things to see, but this picture pretty much sums it up. We all decided we were moving there to live forever.

 September: So many things happened in September, too--Lizzie visiting us, I missed her so much,  and there was the night went all spent talking in the Nook and played a rhythm game. Loved that night. But second shooting the Lake wedding with Tanna was amazing!

 October: Storm Atlas, or the Cattleman's Blizzard. Our trees will never be the same.

 November: We went to see a play at the local highschool. The villains were the biggest hit, but we had a ball altogether.

December: the best thing about December and Christmas, I couldn't choose from Christmas break or buying a car with big brother, but our prairie Christmas tree was something new, and I absolutely adored it. I wish I could leave it up forever! I'm not sure if I'll be able to convince lil sis to do it again next year, but I can always have my own little one any time.

Ann Voskamp said, "Moving forward is what makes music." Not looking back on all the things you failed to accomplish, but moving forward. Let's make music this year. Let's move forward.

Deuteronomy 1:6-8. "The LORD our God said to us at Horeb, “You have stayed long enough at this mountain. Break camp and advance into the hill country of the Amorites; go to all the neighboring peoples in the Arabah, in the mountains, in the western foothills, in the Negev and along the coast,
to the land of the Canaanites and to Lebanon, as far as the great river, the Euphrates.
See, I have given you this land. Go in and take possession of the land the LORD swore he would give to your fathers—to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob—and to their descendants after them.""

4 comments:

robin said...

Love this glimpse into your 2013!! And your tree is absolutely out of this world darling. Wish I had such creative ideas... :)

Love ya!

Emily said...

That was me forgetting to sign out of my mom's account. ^^^

Katie said...

Absolutely delightful!
Loved every minute that I shared with you in 2013.
Mama

Christa Upton said...

Beautiful photos!!! I love God's paintings in the sky, too. Oh, what fun the Chautauqua presentation was!!! Thanks again for doing one outside for me. :)