Feb 26, 2016

5 Things I'm Inspired by This Week


Miracle
February 22nd marked the thirty-six year anniversary of the 1980 U.S. men's Olympic hockey team win over Russia. So guess what I was doing three nights ago? Feeding my face with chocolate, watching one of my favorite sports movies, screaming, and loving every minute of it. Gavin O'Connor really did all he could to relive every moment of this story in true and authentic ways, right down to the voice of the actual announcer. Watch replays of the actual game and you'll see startling similarities everywhere! Favorite moment: Mike Eruzione running up the boards after he scores the shot he could never make in practice.

Merrell Pace Glove 2
So Merrell has since come out with Pace Glove 3, but I just love my Merrells. They don't pinch my toes, they feel good on my feet, and I don't feel any after effects in my knees or legs for having walked in them. They have a slight arch, which is good enough for my feet, but some people may feel the need for a bigger arch. In that case, Merrell has plenty to offer. My shoes are just now showing signs of wear, they've kept up pretty well after two years. Every time they get dirty, pop them the wash with your jeans and hang them out to dry. Good as new.

Fairy Lights

In love with fairy lights? Me too! They're warm and comforting and I love them hanging over my bed at night. The link above is to the ones I bought. They took awhile to get here, but it was worth it.

5 Secrets of Story Structure - K.M. Weiland

K.M. Weiland's book Structuring Your Novel pretty much changed story writing for me forever. I read it knowing I needed a change, I needed something else, a step up from where I was in creating stories. I'm still a pantser and enjoy working out the nitty-gritty details as they come. This smaller, more detailed take on 5 key moments has been a huge help with my work-in-progress, The Atlantis Game. I've been skipping around to meet the needs of my story, but K.M. Weiland just makes everything so easy with this book.


Healthy No Bake Double Chocolate Fudge

Unfortunately, I didn't think to get a picture, but these were sooooo good. I, however, did not make them as healthy as the recipe suggests. Still, it was really nice to know I was enjoying some sweet and chocolate and it wasn't ruining my body in some way. Sounds a bit drastic, but really, I like eating a healthy stuff. Makes me feel nice.

So tell me, what were some of your favorite things this week?

No comments: