Jul 2, 2016

5 Patriotic Things for Your 4th of July Weekend


On a forum I was on once someone asked what the 4th of July meant and how it was celebrated in different families, in different areas. I'll never forget what one young girl said, that it was just a chance for the men to show off their fancy grills. I'll never forget how sad that made me, and I resolved to never let my Independence Day become simply a day to eat food, watch a parade, get candy, and shoot off fireworks. This is why I celebrate the 4th of July:

Happy Independence Day

You Ask Me Why I Love Her?
He doesn't say, "Let me think." He says, "Give me time, let me explain."

A Warrior's Pledge
"We have always been willing to pay that price."


The Declaration of Independence
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our Sacred Honor."


The Ragged Old Flag
"We're kinda proud of that ragged old flag."


The Star Spangled Banner
"Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave
O're the land of the free, and the home of the brave."


Let's chat! How do you celebrate the 4th of July?

No comments: