Apr 16, 2012

Meadows and things . . .

So it is April.
51 degrees outside and I sit here with a glass of milk and a story, loving spring.
I brought some spring home with me from a walk the other day. A handful of apple blossoms and a plum branch full of blossoms.
Laura came for a visit last week. It was glorious. Lots of photos to remember it. Lots of being together, so much Robin Hood, eggs on heads(this will be explained). Lots of tears at the end. There will be a wonderfully long post about Laura n' Me. Soon. Very soon.

Young Chautauqua is drawing to a close and our performances will begin on April 30th. Not ready. Very not ready. Still tightening my performance. Still dashing this, rescribbling that. But I have most of my costume, and I cannot wait to see all my little friends perform these characters they have worked on since January! There have been hard times, but good times, and at our last meeting their costumes looked AMAZING! I am so excited for them!

"It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is. 
And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" 
:Mark Twain:

Yes, Mr. Twain, I think that is what it is. :)
Happy Spring, Everyone!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Love you in both pictures!! Looking forward to the Laura and you post. Fun, fun! Oh, and glasses of milk are wonderful things indeed.

Laura said...

Thanks for posting... it made me miss you more than ever but I'm glad you did. The young Chautaquans look superb!! I cannot get over how perfect Joseph's outfit is. :)

Liz Brown said...

Thats my sista!

:) I love ALLLLL of you. My sista, obvs, and every Updike girl. I was jealous of your fun time.