Jan 29, 2016

28 Things About the Books I've Read, Am Reading & How I Read



Credit for these amazing questions go to my childhood friends, Krystina, Nina and Kelsey. Which one of them is the actual author I know not. I'm simply a thief of their brilliant-ness.

Here's a link to my 19-year-old-self's answers to these questions.

1. Favourite childhood book?
Owl Moon. Yup. That one will never change.

2. What are you reading right now?
The Dream Thieves, Dreamlander, The Clockwork Angel

3. What books do you have on request at the library?
As shocking as this may sound, none. But it may soon be Big Magic.

4. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
The Dream Thieves, The Darkest Minds, The Clockwork Angel

5. Do you have an e-reader?
Nope. 

6. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
I prefer one at a time, but it rarely ever happens that way!

7. Can you read on the bus?
Sometimes. But it's difficult.

8. Favourite place to read?
In bed or in a comfy chair in the sunlight.

9. Do you ever dog-ear books?
I scribble and underline in them mostly.

10. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
Not always, but sometimes.

11. What makes you love a book?
The kind that have meaning. Which is the kind I fail to find a lot, and which also is the kind I cannot ever seem to get out on paper.

13. Favourite genre?
YA, classics, historical fiction.

14. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
If I don't like a book I usually don't finish it and don't give it a review.

16. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
Alas, only about six!

17. How often have you returned a book to the library unread?Often enough!

18. Favourite fictional character?Must you always ask these sorts of questions? Now if you would ask me who my favorite non-fictional characters are, that would nice!

Gen(The Thief), Jacob(The Silent Boy), Liesel (The Book Thief), Ratty and Mole (The Wind in the Willows), Jess (Bridge to Terabithia), Dickon (The Secret Garden), Jane Eyre (Jane Eyre), Kit (The Witch of Blackbird Pond), Ronan (The Raven Cycle), Blue (The Raven Cycle), Puck (The Scorpoio Races) Jane (Jane of Lantern Hill), the list is endless!

19. Favourite fictional villain?Colin (The Memory Lights), The Lunar Queen & Step mother (Cinder) The Commandant (An Ember in the Ashes)

20. What books are you most likely to bring on vacation?
Most likely the book I am reading at the time.

21. What's the longest you’ve gone without reading?
I really did not start to read until I was about eight or nine at night. Goodness me, but that's forever!

22. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
I never remember any of those books for some reason . . . 

23. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
Little brothers knocking at my door thus: "Kayla?" "What?" "Can I come in?" "Ok . . . " "Oh. Hi." "Hi." "Whatcha doin'?" "Readin'." "Oh." After which the door closes very slowly.

24. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
Bridge to Terabithia

25. Most disappointing film adaptation?Eragon. (I'm not sure if this counts because I never actually read the book)

26. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
Terrible prose. Lack of character growth. Lack of plot and tension.

27. Do you like to keep your books organized?
Just on the shelf.

28. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?If they are good and I liked them I love adopting books and giving them a home on my shelves.

Your turn! Take this really fun quiz and post it anywhere on social media with the hashtag #28bookthings so I can find it and read it, too!

No comments: