Jan 14, 2016

Things I'm Inspired By This Week

Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy, by Eric Metaxas

I've been inspired by Bonhoeffer for many years. I thought his life story was amazing just from watching the film about him, but reading this book? Eric Metaxas did an incredible amount of work and research, and the result is a truly amazing account of Bonhoeffer, his family, his friends, everything. God is good.


The New World Soundtrack - James Horner



I picked this out as my "novel soundtrack" for NaNoWriMo last year, and as I didn't finish the novel, I'm still using it as background music whenever I write. James Horner is brilliant. I love the sweeping, yet simply wondrous beauty of this soundtrack. It captures the essence of discovering a new and startling beautiful world.

Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt Caramel Filling
So I earned these. A whole bag of them. My sister often bribes me with chocolate. She's good at persuading. She knows everything about everyone and how to appeal to their deepest, darkest, most delicious weaknesses. Sea salt and caramel and dark chocolate? Um, heaven.

Knitting in the Round


I love knitting. It keeps me occupied when I have to sit still, and it makes me feel productive. Recently, I learned to knit in the round on double-pointed needles. Thanks to this lovely Czech youtuber, Bronislava Slagle, I've now successfully completed one of my dreams of knitting mittens! I've been so inspired I've made two pairs of fingerless gloves and I'm just about to finish my first pair of mittens. Go check out Bronislava's channel, she's awesome. I've learned to knit and crochet from several youtubers with amazing accents. They're the best.

Bee and Flower Jasmine Soap

Last year the my scent-love was Lemon Balm and all things citrusy. This year--it's Jasmine. I got this soap as a stocking stuffer (thank you, Mama!) and I kept it by my bed for weeks because I couldn't bear to open the beautiful packaging and plus the scent was amazing. Every time I got into bed I could smell it and it was so lovely. I've made myself use it now and it's heavenly. You can probably find it in your local co-op where Mom got this one, but I've linked to Swanson Healthcare where you can buy it. Keep smelling heavenly!

That's it for this week!

Love, Kayla

1 comment:

Katie said...

Love these little sneak peeks into your life!
Mama